“A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Connect and Sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit”
MyFitnessPal is one of the best calorie-counting apps available, and it integrates with a number of devices and services, including Fitbit. Even if Fitbit has a food library and calorie counting feature, many users prefer using MyFitnessPal because it offers more comprehensive data and options.
- How Accurate is MyFitnessPal Calorie Tracking App?
- 16 Best Fitness Tracker for MyFitnessPal for Every Budget
If you have an accurate calorie tracking device like Fitbit, you can connect it to your MyFitnessPal account and sync the two together. This way, you’ll be able to see all of your activity and calorie data in one place.
If you want to use both devices and apps together, here is a guide on How to connect and sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit.
Before we go ahead, let us check what are the benefits of Syncing MyFitnessPal with Fitbit.
What are the benefits of Syncing MyFitnessPal with Fitbit?
The benefits of syncing MyFitnessPal with Fitbit are that you can track your food and calorie intake as well as your steps and activity. This allows you to see all of your health information in one place, making it easier to track your progress.
- Get access to the extensive food database of MyFitnessPal to help you hit your fitness goals.
- Get calories in and burn data on the same platform
- Sync food and activity data on a single platform to see exactly what you’re doing well and where you need improvement.
- Syncing both apps makes it easier for you to reach your fitness goals by seeing all of your progress in one place.
So what do you think now? Is it worth syncing MyFitnessPal to Fitbit? Let me know in the comments.
How to connect and sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit?
You can sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit in two ways- through the app and website. Whether you connect with an app or website, it will take a few moments for the data to sync.
Method 1: How to Connect MyFitnessPal to Fitbit through App?
- Download MyFitnessPal App into your smartphone and log in.
- Open the App and tap on “three lines” left upper corner to access the menu.
- From the menu, locate and tap on “Apps & Devices.”
- On the “Apps & Devices” screen, tap on “Fitbit.”
- After tapping on “Fitbit,” a new window will open, and now tap on “Connect”(Now the app will open on the browser. If it asks you to sign in to the app, just do it).
- On the next page, now you will be asked for permission to allow MyFitnessPal to share data with Fitbit. Now select all the data you want to share with MyFitnessPal, such as steps, calories burned, activity, exercises, etc.
- After selecting the data that you want to share, tap on “Allow” to finish the syncing process between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal apps.
Method 2: How to Connect MyFitnessPal with Fitbit via Website?
If you want to connect and sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit using a desktop or laptop, follow the steps below.
- Go to your browser and open Myfitnesspal.com.
- Now log in to your account (if you are not logged in already).
- After logging in, tap on the “App” on the menu located at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and find “Fitbit” under the “Available Apps” section. You can also use MyFitnessPal’s website search bar to find the Fitbit App. Once it is located, click on “Get”(see the image).
- You will be asked to enter your Fitbit login credentials on the next page. Enter them and click on the “Log In” button.
- Once you log in to Fitbit, you will be asked for the data you want to share with MyFitnessPal.
- Select the data and click on the “Allow” button.
- That’s it! Now your Fitbit account will be successfully connected with MyFitnessPal, and all your data will be automatically synced.
Once you successfully linked MyFintessPal and Fitbit, you can locate the Fitbit app under the “Apps tab.” In most cases, they will be located on the right side of the screen under “Categories(see the image).
Alternatively, on your smartphone, you can also find Fitbit under the “Connected” section under the “Apps & Device” page.
What is after Syncing MyFitnessPal with Fitbit?
After syncing your devices, you will be able to see all of your activity and calorie data in one place. For example, see the image above where you can see the same number of steps on the MFP and Fitbit. This way, you can better monitor your progress and make necessary changes to your diet and workout routine.
Besides, you will also be able to take advantage of the other features that MyFitnessPal offers, such as setting goals, tracking macros, and more.
How to Stop Syncing Fitbit with MyFitnessPal?
If you want to stop syncing your devices, you can do so at any time by disconnecting them from each other. To do this, go to the “Apps & Devices” page and click on the “Disconnect” button next to Fitbit.
Alternatively, you can go to Myfitnesspal.com and disconnect it. Here are the simple steps below:
- Log in to your account on myfitnesspal.com
- Click the “App” on the top of the website.
- Locate and select “Fitbit” and tap on it to open.
- Now click on the “Disconnect” button to stop the syncing process.
- Now you have successfully disconnected your devices from each other.
What if MyFitnessPal isn’t Syncing with Fitbit?
If you notice that your MyFitnessPal and Fitbit aren’t syncing, you can do a few things to troubleshoot the issue.
First, check that the apps are connected. If it’s not, just follow the steps mentioned above to connect MyFitnessPal with Fitbit.
If your apps are connected and still not seeing your data syncing, try force quitting the apps and opening them again. If this still doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the apps.
Finally, check whether you are using the latest version of both apps or not. If you are using an older version and an update is available, install it and try syncing again.
If you have tried this guide and still not seeing your data sync, contact MyFitnessPal or Fitbit support for help.
I hope this in-depth, step-by-step guide on “How to connect and sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit?” has helped you somehow.
If you are still struggling to sync MyFitnessPal with Fitbit, feel free to ask your questions in the comments below so that we can help you and others who are struggling with the same issue.