Fossil Watches are some of the most popular Google Wear OS watches on the market today. They come in a wide range of styles, colors, and price points. When you have software issues like Freezing or your watch not responding to input, there are two ways to reset it: soft and hard reset.
A soft reset will remove any temporary files that might be interfering with your watch’s operation. It does not delete data or custom settings on your smartwatch, though! A hard reset deletes all data and custom settings on your Fossil watch but fixes most software problems. If you’re having trouble with Freezing or other issues after trying a soft reset, try a hard one instead!
How to Reset a Fossil Watch?
Today we are walking you through soft and hard resetting your Fossil watch. First, we will explain how to do a soft reset on your watch. Then, we will follow up with how you can complete a hard reset of the device when issues persist after trying out the first method.
Pro Tip: Make sure your Fossil smartwatch has at least 50% battery before resetting it.
How to Soft Reset your Fossil Watch?
- Wake up the screen by tapping on the middle button on the right-hand side
- Access the menu by pressing again on the center button
- From the menu, locate the “Settings” and tap to open it
- Now scroll down and find”System.”
- Now tap on the “Restart” and confirm to complete the soft reset of your Fossil Watch.
Proceed to hard reset only if the above steps do not solve the problem. Once again, when you hard reset/factory reset your Fossil watch, you will lose all the data stored in your smartwatch. These data include:
- Your active notifications
- Third-party apps
- Fitness Data
- System settings
- Your personnel preferences
- Any data which is stored on your watch
How to Hard Reset a Fossil Smartwatch?
Before starting this process, you should perform a backup of all your fitness data on Google Fit for safety reasons before beginning this process! When you are ready to factory reset your watch, go ahead with the following steps.
- Press on the middle button
- Scroll and locate the “Settings.“
- Now scroll down and find “System” and tap on it
- Now find and tap on “Disconnect & reset.”
- To confirm the factory reset by tapping on the checkmark
After a factory reset, your smartwatch will be removed from the paired smartphone. So, you need to pair it back again. Make sure that you remove this smartwatch from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings before proceeding with the pairing back process.
That’s it! You have successfully Reset Your Fossil Watch with a Soft or Hard reset. In case you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.
I’m Saneesh VS. I’m a Registered Nurse by Profession, but my passion lies in Gadgets like smartwatches, fitness trackers and fitness. Nothing makes me happier than being able to share my knowledge to help people make informed decisions on what they need to buy or use in their everyday lives.